175 Latrines – Guatemala
- 175 latrines, one for each of 175 families, in the village of La Majada, San Jacinto.
- This would include every family home in La Majada that is not financially capable of building their own. Cost per each latrine $450 USD.
- Each latrine consists of an enclosed toilet and a covered septic hole (see pictures).
- Construction will be the same as the previous ones we built in Los Lomas.
- The Durman pit latrines have a shelf life of 30 years
- Education and health/hygiene training is provided to the villagers as part of the project.
- Health and hygiene improvements
- Reduce water contamination and stench
- Personal dignity
- Reduces social stigma that families suffer when they don’t have a proper latrine.